Saturday, September 3, 2016

Going Away Gift

We had been on the Steppers team for two year together and she was leaving.  I wanted her to give her a special gift.

I wanted to create something nice for Arie because she was to go home to New Orleans.  I decided that I was going to create a black and white blanket with a shoe design with various shapes for the center of the blanket.  The going away party was a few weeks ago but I was also working on my dresses for the CGOA's design contest.  In the end,  I had about 2 weeks to get it done and had changed my mind on the blanket.
The reason:
I wanted to create a blanket that represent how we met and worked together.   If I had a month to do the blanket, I would have given her a beautiful dance floor with a couple dancing the night away. But with limited time,  I had to scale it down. I loved TY Wilson's cross stitch designs with the dance couples.   I settled on one of the dancing couples that was close to a stepping couple.


Here is the final result.








                                              Me and Arie at her going away party.

No comments:

Post a Comment