Thursday, April 30, 2015

Black and Red Ball


I attended a  Black and Red Ball hosted by a Steppers  Group.

I had been planning this dress for over a month.  I knew it was going to be red but I also wanted to add black as well. I have a couple of all red dresses and was making this one a little different. I went to my red stash of yarn and chose the  yarns I wanted to use.  I knew that the bottom of the dress was going to use the discontinued Jaegar Fur yarn.  I had ten balls of the yarn and was waiting for a good occasion to use the yarn.  This was the perfect time.  The majority of the yarns I used were 2 ply and 3 ply yarns.  I wanted to stay away from bulky yarn.  Some of the yarns had only a small amount and I used it until it ran out.

I was going to use all 10 balls of Jaegar, but  I realized 10 would be to many and used 6 balls of yarn.  When I finished I thought it was too much fur but I liked it and I left it

I received plenty of compliments for the dress.  They loved the fur at the bottom and was touching it.  Good thing it was not on top. I am so glad that I stayed with the fur on the dress.




These are some other attendees from the evening in their red and black.  The dress worked out perfectly for the event.





No comments:

Post a Comment